Phorest powers over 8,500 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland, the USA and Canada, processing more than 7 million appointments per month.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
Phorest is currently expanding our data analytics team with a view to create unrivaled value for our customers. We have a huge wealth of untapped data and we are looking for passionate analysts to drive new insights, reports, and models into the industry.
Phorest is a company that is incredibly passionate about helping their customers make better data-driven decisions and has a real hunger for insights internally. This unique combination of rich data but relatively new data function means that there is huge opportunity to explore the vast white-space and grow your career by specialising into areas you are most passionate about - whether that be visualisation, Insights and Analytics, Data Architecture, Predictive Modeling and ML, Management etc.
What you’ll do
- Create and deliver actionable insights to drive business decisions both internally and for our customers.
- Design and build impactful visualisations and dashboards that will be embedded in our product to transform thousands of companies all around the world by empowering them to make data-driven decisions.
- Analyse trends, industry needs, and predictions to shape the company, our products, and the industry as a whole.
- You will work closely with engineers, designers, and senior leadership to ensure that your expertise is actioned to drive real and direct impact.
- Prioritise work effectively to ensure you are delivering the greatest impact across a company with a real hunger and appreciation for data and insights.
- Position yourself as a strategic advisor to other business functions and ensure that they are making data-driven decisions.
- The Data Analytics Team own the data and data models for the entire company so close collaboration with our dedicated Data Engineering team is required to ensure our data needs are met to empower Phorest and our customers to make data-driven decisions.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years' experience in a data analyst role in a high growth SAAS environment or similar
- Strong SQL and database knowledge
- Proven Track record of creating business impact using data and insights
- Strong experience of data visualisation. Experience using Looker is a big plus
- You can tell stories using data, with strong presentation and communication skills
- A collaborative nature with the ability to challenge assumptions as well as being open to feedback
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
🧘 Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰 As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼 We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳 We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
🤓 Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
😎 We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer business casual.
Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. Phorest does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.