About Phorest The Opportunity
Phorest Salon Software is a rapidly growing global SaaS company with offices in Ireland, the UK, Germany, Finland, Australia and US. Our system touches every point of the salon experience from the in-salon software desktop application with a full marketing suite to custom native apps and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons get their clients back more often, spending more and generating referrals.
Phorest Salon Software currently powers over 8,500 hair and beauty salons globally with an aim to capture 25% of the international market – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company. The US is our fastest-growing market. This growth means lots of opportunities for career progression for the right candidate and, if you understand the concept of “you get out of it, what you put into it”, you’ll thrive in our fast-paced and team-focused environment.
We are looking for a professional E-Learning Instructional Designer to join our Education Team. You will design and develop learning and interactive experiences that will result in client education and feature adoption. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
The E-Learning Instructional Designer will be expected to:
Working closely with the Global Head of Education, the E-Learning Instructional Designer will be expected to make Phorest Academy the best onboarding and education tool available to our customers by:
- Creating engaging learning content for all territories that enhances client adoption and retention.
- Working cross-functionally with our onboarding, product and support teams to design and deliver quality online education for our clients using Phorest Academy.
- Administering our LMS (LearnUpon), and ensuring all learning content is kept up to date and is region-specific.
- Maintaining continuous improvement by managing feedback and content change requests from clients or internal teams.
- Organising and managing all online educational content requests.
- Reporting regularly on Phorest Academy user statistics and learner engagement; such as the uptake and adoption of features and courses across our regions.
- Evaluating the quality of online learning material by conducting learner surveys and obtaining feedback.
- Supporting the wider team in various projects by helping to develop learning content that helps to deliver Phorest’s long term educational strategy.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Apply tested instructional design methodologies & theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, assessments, games etc
This is an opportunity to join a new and evolving team at Phorest with the purpose of giving our clients a five star educational experience. Understanding how to use the Phorest system well is a key driver of success and the right candidate will work closely with Customer Success and Onboarding to create a seamless, beautiful and on-brand experience for new and existing customers.
Post onboarding and induction:
- Creating learning content for our new LMS, LearnUpon.
- Enhancing our existing learning content by building assessment and interactivity into courses and Learning Paths.
- Evaluating the performance of our new LMS by obtaining learner feedback and measuring analytics.
- Working with the wider team to plan and create content for our Phorest Growth Programme.
Month 2 & 3
- Continuing to evaluate the Phorest Academy user experience and make relevant changes based on continuous feedback collected from global teams & salons.
- Attending feedback meetings with all territories and document areas to be improved to suit the different markets.
- Official launch of new Phorest Academy in LearnUpon.
- Creating content for new product features and updates.
- Preparing for the launch of upcoming Move to Browser (expected Q4), and revision of learning content.
- Evaluating and improving new client and existing client journeys on Phorest Academy to increase engagement.
- Collaborating with wider teams by creating content for our Move to Browser.
- Roll out of our Coaching Education Programme and creation of content for same.
- Review of future expectations as the role will evolve.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Working knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Snaggit) and ability to storyboard
- Experience with screencasting software (such as Camtasia or Screencastomatic) and comfortable with recording voiceovers.
- Proficiency in audio production (Audacity) and some experience with video editing (Premiere Pro, iMovie etc).
- Content Authoring Skills ( Rise & Storyline or similar)
- Design thinking skills - framing a problem, collecting information, empathetic listening, identifying solutions to the problem, making decisions on the solution, communicating clearly throughout the process
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts - Storytelling
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines, adapt to change and communicate well with multiple stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, 2 Wellness Days, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service.
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🦸♀️We support the women who work in Phorest by offering 2 weeks leave for Fertility Treatment, Pregnancy Loss and Menopause.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment and extensive development opportunities. We run development programs and provide access to many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
🏠Moving house? Phorest employees get 3 moving days.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.