Phorest powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons using our software across the globe. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company.
We are growing fast and would like to add a new member to our team. You will join a group of highly motivated individuals, to help us grow Phorest faster.
As a people-driven business, Phorest puts the experience of our colleagues at the heart of what we do. This manifests in our unique, people-first, positive culture and creates a workplace where people are happy - our engagement scores speak for themselves! We are delighted to be adding to this team where you will get the opportunity to learn in a people-focused environment and help us continue to be an employer with a difference.
This role is ideal for someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, varied role in a supportive team environment. As part of a growing business and team, this role provides the perfect launchpad for a career in People Operations/HR, a role that will grow with you and that you can build to be your own.
What You Will Do
- Provide a first-rate, responsive and user-friendly experience to Phorest staff at all levels of the business.
- Manage employee data on the Phorest HRIS (Personio), ensuring we have one central source of truth by forming and maintaining employee records with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain leave policies for Phorest teams globally.
- Administer employee contracts and handle requests for employment documents.
- Assist with admin tasks across the People function (recruitment, L&D and employee engagement).
- Be a committed and effective player within the People Team.
- Contribute constructively to improvements in admin processes and continuously look to solve recurring issues.
- Assist with extracting people reports out of the systems.
- Get involved in ad hoc projects supporting the People team including the rollout of L&D and OD initiatives.
Who You Are
- You have a degree, preferably in Human Resources
- You have 1-2 years of professional experience in a HR setting
- You have a growth mindset and a love for learning
- You have a solution focused approach to problem solving as well as a can-do attitude
- Naturally very well organised, attention to detail is important to you
- You love working with people and are a team player who is comfortable working in a distributed setting
- Are a good communicator and have strong customer service skills
- Ambitious to grow a career in the People function and contribute to Phorest’s growth
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Teamtailor and Personio)
- Experience working with spreadsheets and data
- Basic Employee Relations knowledge
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, 2 Wellness Days, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service.
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🦸♀️We support the women who work in Phorest by offering 2 weeks leave for Fertility Treatment, Pregnancy Loss and Menopause.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment and extensive development opportunities. We run development programs and provide access to many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
🏠Moving house? Phorest employees get 3 moving days.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.