About Phorest Salon Software
Phorest Salon Software is a rapidly growing Global SaaS company with offices in Ireland, UK, Germany, Finland, Australia and the US.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience from the in-salon software desktop application with a full marketing suite to custom native apps and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons get their clients back more often, spending more and generating referrals.
Phorest Salon Software currently powers 8,500 hair and beauty salons globally with an aim to capture 25% of the international market – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company.
We have an opening for a copywriter who has a proven track record in finding the balance between writing for search engines and writing for people - helping us improve upon our organic visibility while appealing to, and persuading, readers.
You will have the opportunity to work in a fun, creative team that enjoys delivering results. The position reports to the Head of Website and will work closely with our web developer, our content team (designers, PR, community managers and audio and video experts) and our demand generation team, to ensure messaging is unified across our platforms for a seamless user journey from top-of-funnel to sale.
What you will do
- Create and optimise engaging written copy for the ‘brochure’ end of our website (homepage, feature pages, pricing, use case pages, comparison pages etc.) that will improve our SEO and our conversion rates
- Find a balance between adding enough content to our pages to rank well, while keeping a clean design and simple user journey
- Work with our content team to optimise existing top-of-funnel and middle-of-funnel content, such as blogs, podcast transcripts, webinar transcripts and gated content pages
- Create and work with the content team to execute a pillar content strategy for our blog
- Create additional content to help move users down the funnel, such as case studies, gated content and tools
- From time to time have the flexibility to assist with other forms of content required along the path to conversion, such as demo/product video scripts, nurturing emails or PPC landing pages
- Work with our content team to advise on and assist in creating briefs for new content that meets searcher needs and has the ability to rank above our competitors
- Work with our inhouse and agency PR to assist with ideas for and execution of link building campaign
- Get to know and bear in mind regional differences required to copy that converts in different markets, and work with regional teams in our non-English speaking markets to transcreate content
- Prioritise copy requirements and collaborate with the marketing team to ensure all copy is on brand and using the Phorest tone of voice
- Keyword, SERP, trend and competitor analysis using tools like Search Console, Keyword Planner, AHREFS, SEMRush, Thruu and any other tools you’re familiar with
- Assist in implementing SEO related tasks in the website backlog or during site migrations, such as image alt text, meta tag optimisation, internal linking and content migration
- Own, monitor and report on KPIs such as visibility, impressions, clicks, traffic, leads and conversion rates
- Be passionate about the Phorest customer and understand what content they love and seek out
- Excellent writing skills
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in content SEO and conversion campaigns
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to write to a specific audience and within established brand guidelines
- An analytical mind combined with a love of clever copy and creative flair
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit
- Attention to detail and great grammar in both UK and US English
- An understanding of conversion optimisation
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of the Hair and Beauty industry
- 3rd level degree or equivalent experience
- Some knowledge of technical SEO
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
🤓Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.