Phorest Salon Software powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Finland and the USA. The platform processes 7 million appointments a month for hair and beauty consumers. Phorest Salon Software helps salon owners find their dream clients and get them back more often, and spending more. Phorest is the number 1 salon software for premium independent salons in our current markets and we are on the way to double our salon footprint to 15,000 salons, with 15m monthly appointments by 2023.
The Phorest system touches every point of the salon experience, from the in-salon software appointment calendar and CRM with a fully integrated marketing suite to staff apps to payments. Phorest is also the window through which the salon provides its end customer with an amazing experience through custom native apps, eCommerce and online bookings.
Phorest is highly regarded by customers for our innovative product, strength of support, and understanding of salon owner needs. This interaction is provided by highly motivated teams straddled across the organisation – Sales, Onboarding, Account Management, Support and Marketing. Our future growth, however, will require a more scalable and cohesive approach to Customer Success. We are looking for a Global Director of Customer Success to join our team and shape the strategy and approach that can deliver on our expected growth.
The Director of Customer Success will build on best practices within the organisation and outside, to create a Customer Success function that is scalable but also meets the specific requirements of our salons. The Global Director of Customer Success will play a critical role in the overall success of the business and a central role in shaping the overall business growth.
- Define the Customer Success Function and what its place is within Phorest and our Customer Journey
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan for the global Phorest Customer Success team, focusing on redefining and optimising the Phorest Customer Journey and leading a culture of continuous improvement
- Drive customer outcomes and customer experience by influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, overall health scores and keeping the churn rate within the agreed parameters
- Build and lead a high-performing, analytics-driven and customer-centric function by continually developing the talent and encouraging close cross-functional collaboration across Phorest
- Drive a customer-centric support function that maximises technology and defines support levels needed based on customer segmentation
- Define a path for efficient client onboarding and continually optimise the process of self-onboarding
- Work cross-functionally with the global Sales and Marketing departments as well as regional leaders to create cohesive customer segmentation across the entire company
- Get buy-in from all Phorest departments to ensure delivery of customer objectives, escalate technical needs, develop success plans on a global level
- Build a net retention model that maximises all commercial upsell opportunities within our client journey
- Be the voice of the customer in our organisation - bringing feedback from our customers to senior leadership and driving actions needed to increase key Customer Success metrics - such as net retention
- Create a culture and strategy of customer advocacy that helps drive referrals
- Provide our sales function with vital customer feedback that will help improve customer experience
- Develop a clear view of our current customer lifecycle as well as triggers for each point in the journey and continually perform multi-variant testing to optimise
- Create a strategy that will decrease our global churn number (eg staff training, proactively identifying churn risks, product feedback loops).
- Establish best practices in each Customer Success activity – learning from strong practices and connections within the organisation and best practices used in other rapid scaling organisations
- Develop our Customer Success playbooks to help us drive better customer relationships, reduce churn, increase adoption/ utilisation, and drive revenue expansion.
- Deliver on the following growth outcomes
- Customer Health Score
- Establish strong KPIs, reporting and review processes
- Define operational metrics for team
- Establish a system for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review within the team
- Expose subset of metrics to executive team, company and board
What you bring
- 7+ years of experience leading Customer Success teams in a SaaS company
- Experience formulating a Customer Success vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Proven experience leading teams, driving software adoption and leveraging customer success best practices
- Think global, act local: Demonstrated ability to lead managers and successfully manage global, distributed teams across cultures, lines of business, and geographies while also acting locally
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication and planning
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to collaborate across the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Plus: Have experience within the Hair & Beauty industry - having salon industry insight will be an advantage
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
🤓Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.