Phorest powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland, the USA and Canada. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
The product research team in Phorest is growing and we would like for you to join us in solving real client & business problems, regularly collaborating with Product Managers, Designers & Developers. This role also requires collaboration across all departments and functions throughout Phorest.
We are taking on an ambitious product rebuild of our core user interface that requires continuous discovery. You will work with the research team to provide insights, analyse data, and understand client problems across all of our regions. You will work closely with the wider product team to identify & test solutions in a quick, iterative environment.
Given we are a small team of researchers, your work will have a big impact on the company & product. We are not looking for someone to come in and follow the Phorest research runbook, we are looking for someone to help us to write it.
What you’ll do
- Speak with customers regularly and build meaningful and actionable insights through research studies.
- Conduct industry and market research and document findings analytically
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and developers to bring a shared understanding of the user experience to the team
- Continually monitor product performance (feature usage, customer delight, retention etc.) and brainstorm with the product team on ways to improve.
- Work closely with the data team to generate quantitative insights & explore new ways to combine these insights with qualitative methods to drive impact. Be creative about how to recruit the specifics that our customers are looking for.
- Collaborate with PM’s, Designers, Data Analysts, Developers, Sales, and Marketing to define research problems and work on solutions.
- Help guide product direction through generative research with customers
- Help the team explore several diverse solutions and validate the right solution with prototypes and quantitative/qualitative customer research
What you’ll need
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a Product or User Researcher in a fast moving SAAS business, with a portfolio that demonstrates a range of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience with qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research; familiarity with a variety of methodologies, and a track record of experimenting with new research techniques.
- Experience planning and conducting qualitative user research studies from start to finish.
- Comfortable sharing ideas and solutions to other teams, as well as to clients and stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and confidence in inspiring teammates as the voice of the client.
- Ability to organise & work on more than one project
- Experience conducting data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Ability to select and recommend the most appropriate method for discovery and evaluative research
- Experience building strong stakeholder relationships with designers, product managers and senior leadership
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Degree(s) in design, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, behavioral science, cognitive science, other social sciences, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
🤓Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest and our interview process?
Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. Phorest does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.