Phorest powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons using our software across the globe, we operate in Ireland, UK, Germany, Finland, Australia & the US. Our system touches every point of the salon experience from the in-salon software desktop application with a full marketing suite to custom native apps and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons get their clients back more often, spending more and generating referrals. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company.
Reporting directly to the Head of Brand, you'll manage our social online presence by developing a strategy for all of our social channels - both via organic social and paid social management. You will work with the content team to produce great content, analysing usage data, and supporting social managers within the regions with social campaigns. And you will work with the demand generation team to create top of funnel, middle of funnel, and bottom of funnel paid social campaigns, with a strong focus on the right KPIs for every stage.
Our Global Social Media Strategy Manager will be responsible for growing audiences on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Along with maintaining a posting schedule, they will also regularly create platform-specific content including text posts, videos, and graphics. They must have a good eye for trends and an understanding of social media metrics.
This role requires collaboration across all departments and functions throughout Phorest.
What you will do
- Set, direct and measure a global organic growth strategy for local managers to employ in their regions
- Set, direct and measure a global paid social strategy for local managers to employ in their regions
- Set, direct and measure lead generation from social channels globally
- Monitor and improve lead conversion from social channels globally
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok, and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms
- Create engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns that promote Phorest
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- Undertake audience research
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Analyze competitor activity
- Recommend improvements to increase performance
- Set targets to increase brand awareness, customer engagement and leads
- Manage a budget for social media activities
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within Phorest
- Encourage collaboration across teams and departments
Who you are
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Leadership qualities to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects and multiple regions
- Project and campaign management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Must have strong skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics
- Online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Be an awesome, creative, reliable, professional, positive, intelligent, and fun team member
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
🤓Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
😎We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.