Would you like to create the future of a product used by thousands of businesses and millions of consumers? Phorest Salon Software powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Australia, Finland, the USA and Canada and the platform processes 7 million appointments a month for hair and beauty consumers. Phorest is the number 1 salon software brand for premium independent salons in those markets and our next goal is to double our salon footprint and become a platform upon which other companies can build applications for premium salons.
Our system touches every point of the salon experience - from the in-salon software appointment calendar and CRM with a fully integrated marketing suite to staff apps to payments. We are also the window through which the salon provides their end customer with an amazing experience through custom native apps, eCommerce and online bookings. Why? Because we want to help salons find their dream clients and get them back more often and spending more.
Phorest’s Product and Development teams are growing rapidly along with our customer base which will double over the next two years. We are now hitting a stage where we want to scale up even faster to meet the huge opportunities ahead of us. You will play a critical role in that success by taking on a major area of the product and bringing it into the future to help us realise our product vision.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for creating an amazing experience that helps our clients to grow their business, makes their days less stressful and gives their end customers a premium experience with the salon. You will drive the outcomes for your area which make sure we do this well and that we grow the Phorest business as a result. Within Phorest we have an autonomous team set up where a product manager will be paired with a designer and a dedicated scrum team of developers to focus on one specific area of our product platform.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the development team to define, scope, plan and deliver products to a first-class standard. Ensure that new products are aligned to Phorest’s vision and strategy and that we hit and maintain projected outcomes for your area.
- Work closely with the Phorest Pay Product Lead to help define a roadmap for Pay that solves real customer problems while also generating revenue for both Phorest and our customers.
- Be the voice of the salon owner and their clients to drive the creation of the ideal client experience on behalf of salons.
- Talk to our customers and contribute to consumer research; we expect you to become the voice of the customer by having real conversations, feedback and testing with real customers on all of your ideas before you build them.
- Discover the new features we need to build to move the company forward using modern practices and all of the information available to you (across data, customer feedback, user testing, support and internal teams).
- Carry out thorough discovery work in order to ensure we are doing the right amount of thinking upfront - solving the right customer problems, uncovering risks and communicating scope early to the business.
- Use the data we have available to continually measure and improve features we ship. You will drive impactful metrics such as adoption, churn, salon performance rates and revenue for your area.
- Work with business, design and technical people to run an agile development team and deliver the best product possible.
- Actively manage and engage stakeholders across the business, inspiring others and generating momentum behind the product vision.
- Be someone who is a regular consumer of hair and beauty salons is a plus.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years experience in a product management role within the payments industry.
- Experience working in consumer products or consumer booking products is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile software development setup.
- Experience with and being comfortable speaking to users.
- Experience doing thorough discovery with external and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to say no is a must, taking all feedback on board and being clear on what we can’t do so we can focus on what we need to do.
- Ability to work closely with product designers to craft the ideal experience and with the marketing team to create the launch plans and collateral for a product rollout.
- Experience setting and tracking key metrics/outcomes for the commercial success of your product.
- Well developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade, build and maintain relationships.
- A can-do attitude with a growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Be obsessed with usage data and how to find the points to improve.
🧘Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
💰As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
🚵🏿 We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
🍼We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
🌳We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
Want to learn more about Phorest and our interview process?
Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest. We have also created an Interview README with an overview of how the process works for development candidates.
Phorest is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. Phorest does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.